Monday, November 12

The Wackness

Movie poster courtesy of imp awards.
Hello loves. I hope everyone had an amazing holiday weekend! I've missed cooking and my blog entirely too much, so I've decided that I'm back for good (for real this time). One of the things I missed the most was Monday movies, so today I'm back with a good one.

The Wackness was the Sundance Film Festival's 2008 Audience Award. Set in the summer of 1994, The Wackness is not your typical coming of age tale. The movie features Josh Peck (of Nickelodeon's Drake & Josh fame) as Luke Shapiro, a typical teenager who spends his days selling marijuana on the streets of New York before his friends all leave for university. He meets Dr. Jeffrey Squires, a psychiatrist, and the two develop a relationship, eventually reaching an agreement to trade the marijuana for therapy.

Amidst the craziness in Luke's life, he manages to meet Stephanie, the only other person not going away, and the two instantly click. Little does he know that Stephanie is Dr. Squire's stepdaughter!

Check out the trailer for The Wackness below:



I have been a fan of Josh Peck since I was a child, starting with his humble beginning on The Amanda Show. This movie was a chance to move away from his previous funny, child star roots and into more dramatic roles, and he nailed it! He completely holds his own against such established actors as Ben Kingsley and Mary-Kate Olson. Not only is this movie charming and hip, but it will also have you nostalgic for the good old days of the 90s.

The Wackness is available on blu-ray and DVD. And don't forget to check out Josh Peck's new movie Red Dawn in theaters November 21.

Thank you to YouTube for allowing me the usage of their movie trailer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover