Tuesday, April 29

Jalapeño Poppers

The internet is such a marvelous place, isn't it? I love finding inspiration in the most unlikely of places. Buzzfeed is one of my favorite sites (I'm totally addicted to the quizzes), so when I found this list of 33 Genius 3 Ingredient Recipes, I knew I couldn't pass it up.

If you've been reading, y'all will know that I'm a fan of all things spicy. Jalapeños are the love of my life, and this recipe is no different. 

Ingredients: 
12 wooden toothpicks 
4 ounces (113 grams) Philadelphia chive and onion cream cheese, softened
6 jalapeño chiles halved lengthwise, seeded
4 slices of bacon

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375° F (190° C). Line cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper. Soak toothpicks in small bowl of water to prevent burning.
2. In a small bowl mix cream cheese. Spoon into chiles.
3. Cut each bacon slice crosswise into thirds. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each stuffed chile half; secure with soaked toothpick. Place onto cookie sheet.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until bacon is crispy and chiles are tender. Serve warm.
When I say that these are positively divine, you have to believe me! A little fresh cilantro or parsley added for garnish kicks up those intense flavors even more. If you're still wanting some more spice leave a few of the seeds in and the membrane intact. These awesome hors d'oeuvres are sure to leave everyone wanting more. And with only 3 easy ingredients there's no reason for you not to try it!   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover