Thursday, April 25

Captain America (part 2)

Sometimes I do nerdy things.

After choosing Captain America for this week's Monday movie, I told you guys to check back on Thursday for part 2.

Photo courtesy of TOMS.

I know I'm a little late on the bandwagon, but I finally got myself a pair of TOMS at the encouragement of a few of my friends. I like the fact that they support a good cause, and they really are comfy. I know that everyone and their mother has been wearing TOMS for ages now, so I bought a pair of plain white ones with the intentions of decorating them to make them stand out a little. You know I hate being just like everyone else. With some of the left over acrylic paint used for my canvas box, I came up with a brilliant idea of a fun and patriotic design I wanted for my new white canvas classics.

Batman is my favorite comic book superhero, and at first I wanted a cool dark knight symbol to showcase my nerdiness, but after the events in Boston last week I decided to go a different route.
This is my dedication to the the amazing people of Massachusetts after everything that's happened in Boston. Even though those events were tragic and lives were lost, it reunited this country once more. If even for a little while we forgot about north and south, conservatives versus liberals, gay people and straight people and were all just AMERICANS. The quote says "This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe in no matter the circumstances."

I think we could stand to channel our inner Captain America every once in a while.

2 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

That DIY is epic - EPIC I tell you! Absolutely loving this! :)

Unknown said...

OMG!! I just looved the way you transformed these toms into the cutest thing ever <3 Definitely follow you now <3 xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover