Monday, April 29

Seven Psychopaths

Happy Monday beautiful people of the internet. I hope everyone had a fun filled weekend, I know I did. It wasn't really eventful; I just spent a lot of time reading, doing homework, and playing with the puppy. I love my Wilfred. We have a very special (although sometimes bordering on the psychotic) relationship. After school I race home to greet him, and I can't imagine living my life without him. So at the recommendation of a close friend, I decided to scare myself and check out a movie in which I hope I am never put in the circumstances of.

Movie Poster courtesy of IMP Awards.
Seven Psychopaths is a British crime comedy written and directed by Martin McDonagh, the Academy Award nominated writer of 2009's In Bruges. Seven Psychopaths stars Colin Farrell as struggling screenwriter and alcoholic Marty Faranan. He dreams of finishing his screenplay "Seven Psychopaths", a violent movie about love and peace, but so far he's only got the title. With the help of his best friend Billy (Sam Rockwell), an out of work  actor who kidnaps dogs for a living, they come up with the stories of the seven psychopaths. When Billy and his partner Hans (Christopher Walken) steal the wrong gangster's Shih Tzu and Marty gets caught up, he suddenly finds that he's living in his movie. Check out the trailer for Seven Psychopaths below: 



Martin McDonagh has done it again with Seven Psychopaths. The dialogue is excellent, the action is fantastic, and the acting by the ensemble cast is top-notch. This movie is hilarious, action packed and a little heartfelt. I've never cried during a movie, and without giving too much away I will say that Christopher Walken's performance almost brought me to tears. Seven Psychopaths is a movie that will make you laugh, cry, leave you on the edge of your seat, and even give you something to think about as you leave the theater.

Seven Psychopaths is now available on blu ray and DVD.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover