Sunday, April 7

Lent

Lent
Thanks to The Catholic Realist for the photo.
Happy Sunday beautiful people! I hope everyone had an amazing weekend.

I've taken somewhat of a prolonged break from this blog for a few months to focus on more pressing endeavors and to observe Lent. I'm not really one to discuss religion or politics on the blog because it tends to lead to arguments and unkind words being said. Everyone has their own opinions and who am I to tell someone that their beliefs are wrong? However, I will say that I am Catholic therefore I observe Lent.

The traditional purpose of Lent is to prepare for the celebration of the death and Resurrection of Christ through prayer, repentance, almsgiving and self-denial. It is normal to "give something up" as a form of sacrifice and penitence, for which I refrained from blogging and reading blogs (and eating candy, which I LOVE) in order to do some spiritual reading and commit more to prayer instead to improve my relationship with Christ and have somewhat of a better of an understanding of the sacrifices he went through so that I may live. I learned some wonderful things during my blogging break, about both myself and about my Lord Jesus Christ while I was away, and I can honestly say that I am better person for my experience. 

So now back to the fun stuff. Check me out tomorrow for a fun a sexy movie Monday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover